Ten Reasons Why Earthing Is Good For You
Earthing - also known as Grounding - means to have bare skin contact with the Earth’s natural energy. When you are in conductive contact with the Earth you receive a ready supply of electrons which stabilise your body’s bio-electrical system, delivering many health and well-being benefits. Here are the top ten reasons why Earthing should be part of your daily routine:
1. Improved sleep - Disturbed sleep and insomnia are often caused by high levels of cortisol in the body. Earthing helps to regulate cortisol levels leading to an improved, deeper sleep and waking up more refreshed and alert the next morning.
2. Reduced inflammation - Inflammation is caused when too many free radicals accumulate in the body after fighting an infection or healing an injury site. If left unchecked the free radicals can attack healthy cells in their search for an electron and this kind of chronic inflammation is believed to be the root cause of many serious health problems. Earthing delivers electrons into the body to ‘feed’ the free radicals, thus reducing inflammation and its consequences.
3. Combats jetlag - Earthing can help to reset your body’s circadian rhythm (the internal body clock) to the new time zone, helping you to get over jetlag quicker!
4. Stress reduction - A life of constant stress causes cortisol (known as the stress hormone) to rise and remain high creating an overdrive in the body and leaving us in a permanent ‘fight or flight’ state. Earthing helps to stabilise the cortisol level and has a positive effect on the electrical activity of the brain and the autonomic nervous system to reduce tension and stress, leaving you feeling more centred and calm.
5. Protection from electromagnetic fields (EMFs) - When in contact with the Earth’s surface or an Earthing device, the AC field in your body reduces down to almost zero volts and the EMFs in your body are pushed away or deflected, creating an umbrella-like shield around you.
6. Pain relief - Inflammation is usually the underlying cause of pain. Earthing can dramatically reduce inflammation and with it the associated pain. People who have suffered chronic pain for many years report significant improvements after Earthing.
7. Improved blood circulation - Research shows that Earthing can help to reduce blood viscosity and increase blood flow due to less clumping and clotting of the red blood cells. Increased blood flow enhances oxygen and nutrient delivery to cells.
8. Look better - Earthing increases the blood flow to your face and delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the skin. It also helps to reduce free radicals, one of the main culprits in ageing.
9. The best antioxidant around - Antioxidants are vital in the fight against free radical damage to the body and the Earth’s surface is a potent and constant source of antioxidants that will naturally support your health and well-being on a daily basis.
10. It’s so easy - Earthing is as simple as a barefoot walk on the beach or around your garden. When you can’t be outside there are many Earthing products available which will deliver these wonderful health benefits while you work, play, rest and sleep. Just plug them in and that’s it!