Benefits of Earthing
Many people feel an immediate benefit when Earthed or Grounded, and physical symptoms such as inflammation and pain can show improvement within minutes. People also often describe a feeling of greater peace within themselves, feeling calmer with reduced stress levels. However, in general we would say that the more time you can spend Earthed the better. Ideally, use Earthing equipment (such as an Earthing band or mat) whenever is practical, and particularly when near powerful electrical equipment such as a computer. Grounding while sleeping is important - not only do you spend a large proportion of your time sleeping, this is also the time when regeneration takes place and the body is most receptive to healing.
With regular Earthing / Grounding, numerous health benefits have been observed, such as:
- Reduction of inflammation
- Reduction or elimination of pain
- Improved sleep - deeper and more refreshing
- Reduced stress / anxiety / irritability
- More calmness
- Improved energy levels
- Improved immune function
- Improved digestion
- Rapid healing of injuries
- Improved blood circulation, blood pressure and thinner blood
- Harmonisation and stabilisation of the body's basic biological rhythms
- Accelerated recovery from intense athletic activity
- Relief from muscle tension and headaches
- Snoring ceases or is reduced
- Reduce or eliminate jet lag
- Less hormonal and menstrual symptoms
- Reduced electro sensitivity
- Grounding to the metal frame of your vehicle helps maintain alertness, reduces fatigue and eases the strains and tensions involved with long distance driving
- Protects the body against potentially harmful biological effects of low frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs)
We are all different and so although some people feel the effects of Earthing almost instantaneously, others do not notice anything for weeks or even months. Don’t give up. It is working as soon as you establish direct contact with the Earth. Initially some people may feel some temporary discomfort or even flu ¬like signs, nausea, pain or aches. In practically all cases, this experience is fleeting. We believe it is the result of a normalization of the body’s “electrical system.” As the process gets underway, the body’s ability to release accumulated toxicity may improve and you could feel that as transient discomfort. Typically, after some initial adjustment, you start feeling better and more energised. If you are uncomfortable, stop Grounding yourself for several days and then begin again, starting with shorter exposure and gradually increasing the exposure.
Click HERE to read in more detail about the health benefits you could experience from Earthing.
Ongoing research continues to uncover many profound benefits of Earthing and is helping to explain the exact mechanisms involved.
For the latest in Earthing Research CLICK HERE